August 24-26: Boardman, Oregon to Missoula, Montana
- Began the trip to the Upper Peninsula for my mother’s memorial on Sept.
- First night stop at Boardman, Oregon Marina and RV park—sweet stop on the Columbia River
Boardman Marina and RV Park--a great first stop!
- Traveled from Boardman through Spokane and on to Missoula
- Weather in high 80s and low 90s; ran the generator while going down the highway for air conditioning
|Jim and Mary's RV Park, Missoula, Mt--|
each area had beautiful flowers tended by the owners!
- Stayed in Missoula at Jim and Mary’s RV Park for two nights; friendly park with beautiful flowers throughout the park.
- Made a surprise visit to see old friends, Maryanne and Armand, from the time I lived in Missoula in the 70s and early 80s. Maryanne and I reminisced about becoming first time mothers within two weeks of each other and how thankful we were to have each other to help adjust to our new lives with babies.
- Had breakfast at The Shack—a favorite old time haunt that is much more sophisticated now than it was in the 70s!
|The Shack restaurant in Missoula|
|Missoula Farmer's Market|
- Went to an amazing Farmer’s Market on Saturday morning where I bought French pistachio breakfast sausages, croissants, and luscious blackberries
- Already time to have the first service done on the generator (50 hours); found an Onan dealer in Missoula who was able to fit us in
- Both of us would like to come back to Missoula for an extended stay, perhaps next summer???